Blueberries health benefits
Only a few foods have so many positive effects on health, as the blue-violet colored berries do.
In small strawberries of blueberries is hiding an enormous power, since they contain many nutrients and as many antioxidants as five times the amount contained in carrots, apples, broccoli or zucchini. The magical power of blueberries lies mainly in anthocyanin, which also gives the typical blueberry blue-violet color. The more the dark blueberry is, more anthocyanin contains. Most are found in the skin of strawberries, so it is the best to enjoy fresh and whole blueberries, with the epidermis value.
In addition to anthocyanins brain enhancer, this fruit contains another important antioxidant, elag acid, which in the metabolism interferes with the production of those reactions that cause cancer. So people who enjoy blueberries, have three times less chance of developing cancer than those who do not eat them.
Strawberries or blueberries do not smell, fresh are acidulous sweet and dried are slightly tart. When you buy blueberries pay attention to their appearance, because the fruit must be dry, firm and nicely colored. Before buying shake them gently. If they are adhesive, they are probably a little moldy. Blueberries can be eaten fresh or dry, they are excellent in the fight against diarrhea and constipation, but they can be also freeze or soaked in brandy mixed together with sugar and set out in the sun – blueberry liqueur.
Our skin will be also grateful, because you keep her healthy, slowing down aging, wrinkles and age rings around the eyes. It also protects against the negative effects of UV rays. Alpha Arbutin cream is a product that helps to lighten skin tone.
Blueberries contain many minerals, which are dominated by iron, selenium, zinc, calcium, potassium, manganese and magnesium. Vitamins present in large quantities are B-complex vitamins (riboflavin and niacin), vitamin C, A and E. They are also rich in folic acid, which is important for growth and the formation of blood, while helping the smooth functioning of the brain and nervous system.
Their positive effects on our health are scientifically proven, as demonstrated by more than 180 different pharmaceutical products containing extracts of blueberries around the world, which is used to relieve and treat a variety of problems.
In addition to forest blueberries there are also U.S. blueberries. These berries are slightly larger and have less distinct taste, aroma and color. Cultivated blueberries, according to the research are even better then forest, as they provide more health benefits, vitamins and minerals.
Healing properties of blueberries
- because they contain pectin, can help us in diarrhea and constipation, and eliminate the cramps and flatulence (the presence of tannin)
- inhibit the development of many degenerative diseases of the brain associated with aging such as Alzheimer’s and dementia
- help improve coordination and balance
- positive impact on people with multiple sclerosis
- promote the spread of blood vessels and inhibit blood clotting and with this formation of blood clots
- reduce the risk of developing cardiovascular disease and lower elevated cholesterol levels
- inhibit cancer because elag acid in the body interferes with the production of metabolic reactions that lead to the formation of cancer cells
- act as potent antioxidants that alleviate inflammation, including shadow
- act as potent antioxidants that alleviate inflammation including blinds
- help prevent stomach ulcers caused by stress, alcohol, NSAIDs and histamine
- infusion of dried blueberry leaf lowers blood sugar and has a beneficial effect on urinary tract and kidney
- prevent depression
- improve vision, especially night, it greatly increase the sensitivity of the retina and regeneration of pigment in it, and prevent the development of cataracts